Victoria Secrets Snack Guide
Posted on 16 December 2016
It happens every year the Victoria’s Secret fashion show and the total binge snack session that happens with your squad. Here are a few our fave snacks that keep us on the healthy yet satisfied!
Sweet Potato Fries
- 4 sweet potatoes, skin on, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne pepper or chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cup packed cilantro, leaves and stems
- ¼ cup non-fat greek yogurt (or sour-cream)
- ½ jalapeno (optional)
- juice of ½ lime
Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a small baking tray with foil or parchment paper; set aside.
In a large bag, place the cut potato wedges, corn starch and all the spices and shake until fully combined and the sweet potato wedges are coated.
Place sweet potato wedges in a single layer on the baking sheet, drizzle with oil and bake for 30 minutes or until golden and crispy, flipping half way through.
To make the avocado cilantro dip: Combine the avocado, cilantro, yogurt, jalapeno and lime juice in a blender and blend for 1 minute.
Serve potato wedges hot with the avocado cilantro dip or your favorite dipping sauce.
Coconut Oil Popcorb
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- ½ cup (70g) popcorn kernels
- ½ tsp salt
- Add the coconut oil to a large pot, and melt over medium-low heat. Add 3 popcorn kernels, and cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid. Continue to cook, shaking the pot back and forth every 3 seconds, until all 3 kernels pop. Remove the pot from the heat, and carefully take out the 3 popcorn pieces with tongs.
- Add the remaining popcorn kernels to the pot, and place the lid back on top. Continue to cook, shaking the pot back and forth every 3 seconds, until more than 3 seconds elapse between pops. Immediately remove the pot from the heat, and pour the popcorn into a bowl. Sprinkle with the salt.
And of course something sweet…
- 1 can (13oz) coconut milk
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (vegan)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
Heat coconut milk in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute. Place chocolate chips in a large glass bowl and pour warm coconut milk over the chocolate. Let sit for 30 seconds-1 minute. Stir mixture until the chocolate is fully melted and incorporated with the milk. Add vanilla, salt, and chopped nuts.
Pour into an 8x8 baking dish that has been lined with parchment paper or foil. Place in refrigerator for several hours to firm. Once firm, remove from pan and cut into 16 pieces.
Note: If it seems like it won't set up, add an additional cup of chocolate chips or some powdered sugar to help thicken it up.
Happy Snacking you B.A. Babes!