Slow cooked lemon chicken
Posted on 03 September 2013
If you haven't yet invested in a slow-cooker. Do it. You'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.
If you prioritise health & wellness then no doubt, healthy and fresh food is something you value also but lets face it, we are busy. Sometimes this just isn't as easy a reality as we'd like. Slow cooking your food is a serious time (and life saver). Just pop it on in the morning and hours later, your dinner is ready to go. It's something you can use year-round also and added bonus: clean up is fast!
Here's a super easy slow cooked recipe for your to try.
Slow Cooked lemon chicken.
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 kg skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- 1 glug olive oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- In a bowl, mix the oregano, salt and pepper. Rub the mixture into chicken.
- Warm the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Brown chicken for 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Place chicken in a slow cooker.
- In the same frying pan, mix the water, lemon juice, garlic and stock powder together.
- Bring the mixture to the boil. Pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on High for 3 hours, or Low for 6 hours.