Nutty Quinoa Porridge
Posted on 12 February 2015
- 1½ c unsweetened almond milk
- 1½ c water
- 1¼ c dry quinoa (or ½ c pre-cooked)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp allspice
- pinch of salt
- ¾ c banana, fresh or frozen, roughly chopped
- ¼ c walnuts or pecans, chopped
- flax seed meal
- maple syrup (optional)
- In a medium pot over high heat, bring milk, water, quinoa (if using), spices, and salt to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until quinoa is tender. (If using pre-cooked quinoa, simmer for 10 minutes instead.)
- Stir in banana (and pre-cooked quinoa, if using) and continue to cook for another minute or two until porridge is heated through.
- Let sit, covered, for 5 minutes before serving.
- Spoon into bowls and top with nuts, flax seed meal, and maple syrup.
- Serve hot.