TRY: THE FIT FOODIE'S FAVOURITE RECIPE'S
Posted on 07 January 2015
For all of you loyal readers, its safe to assume that the team at Vie Active HQ are choc-oholics, food-oholics, juice-oholics and a bunch of crazy health nuts. So naturally we are excited to meet and greet the lovely Sally O'neil from The Fit Foodie and taste test her delicious recipe's (I mean someone has too, Right?).
Now we are not one's to tease, in fact the Vie Active team are strong believer's that sharing is caring. So check out our favourite recipe's from The Fit Foodie and make them yourself TODAY!!
Jaffa Protein Balls
- 1 ½ cup pitted dates
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup natural / vanilla / chocolate protein powder (optional)
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- ½ cup raw almonds
- zest and juice of 1 small orange
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch Himalayan sea salt
- Place dates in a food processor, and blend to a thick paste (adding a little water if necessary).
- Add almond meal, protein (if using), salt, vanilla and cacao powder and blend again until combined.
- Add in whole almonds, zest and juice of the orange (reserving a tablespoon of zest for rolling).
- Process until the mixture is coarsely ground and starts to come together.
- Take a tablespoon of mixture in your hands and gently roll with your palms.
- Place remaining zest in a shallow plate and quickly roll the balls in it before storing in a glass jar.
- These will keep in a cool corner of your kitchen for up to a week.
- 2 free-range eggs
- 2 tbsp of raw cacao powder
- 3 scoops of chocolate protein powder
- ½ tsp gluten-free baking soda
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup of stevia (I use Natvia)
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp of Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat oven to 175º.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre then add the eggs and water.
- Stir from the centre until combined.
- Divide into mini muffin cases (I prefer silicone to prevent sticking)
- Bake for 18-25 minutes until an inserted skewer removed cleanly.
- Allow to cool before dusting with additional cacao.