Fish with Moroccan Cauliflower and Currant Salad with Coconut Yoghurt Dressing by EAT FIT FOOD
Posted on 30 October 2014
Fish with Moroccan Cauliflower and Currant Salad with Coconut Yoghurt Dressing
This delicious Eat Fit Food meal has many nutritional benefits including the Omega-3 fatty acids found in the FISH. The leading health body in Australia, NHMRC, suggests we should eat more fish and aim for at least two serves per week.
CHICKPEAS provide a great source of plant protein, fibre and iron. The currants provide a delicious sweetness and the mix of cauliflower, herbs and spices fills this dish with an array of flavours.
CURRANTS similar to a sultana, provide a different flavour and are high in fibre and low in saturated fats, cholesterol and sodium. They’re also a good source of potassium, manganese, Vitamin C and Vitamin K. As they are dried, they are concentrated source of calories, sugar, and nutrients, so you only need to add a small amount.
For a vegetarian meal, you can omit the fish as the chickpeas will provide a great source of protein.
- 250g cauliflower florets
- 200g chickpeas drained
- 50ml olive oil
- 2 tsp Moroccan spice/chopped coriander root
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- ½ cup boiled water to soak currants
- 40g soaked currents
- 10g chopped coriander/ parsley leaf
- 5 x 150g fish
- Chopped herbs (chives/parsley/mint)
- 40ml olive oil
- 5 lemon slices (cooked on fish)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 250ml Coconut Yoghurt
- ½ lemon - juiced
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees
- Marinate fish in herbs, olive oil, lemon and season with salt & pepper
- Put fish a tray and put a slice of lemon on each fish it fish. Bake for 12-14 minutes
- Whilst fish is cooking, make the salad by mixing in a bowl mix the olive oil, Moroccan spice, chopped coriander root, turmeric and fennel seed.
- Retrieve water that was used to soak currants and add to spices.
- Mix the raw cauliflower florets through the spice mix and steam roast for 10-12 mins, making sure not to overcook. Allow to cool.
- Add to washed chickpeas, soaked currants, chopped coriander and parsley leaf.
- To make the dressing, mix all ingredients together.
- Top with pinenuts to serve
Try more delicious Eat Fit Food meals with this exclusive discount!