Join the Vie Active Team!
Posted on 09 September 2014
VIE ACTIVE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
3 – 6 month internship overview
Born in Bondi Beach, Australia, Vie Active is a global women’s activewear brand, recognized for an unwavering commitment to quality and style, and for providing the best in high-performance, technical and fashionable apparel.
It's an exciting new phase of growth and we need more hands on deck at Vie Active in the form of unpaid interns for PR, social & multimedia marketing, graphic design and production management roles.
Aside from a passion for health & fitness and/or experience in PR, marketing, fashion design & production, we're looking for proactive, smart problem solvers, with a great sense of fun and willingness to come and roll up their sleeves with us in shaping our company as we grow.
Life inside a start up is a baptism of fire, and while it is a lot of fun, it's more guts than glamour. We all take turns at applying swing tags and barcoding products, and we all have big projects to tackle as well. Your days won't be filled with meaningless tasks - everything you do will and must have a direct, tangible impact on the success of our business. It won't be the structured environment that a big corporation can offer (which can be frustrating if you've been indoctrinated into that kind of workplace), however the rewards of being able to develop and implement what you'd like to see the business be is great.
You'll work with and learn from experienced professionals – retail, brand marketing, operations and strategy, media sales, production, design, web design and more. We can look at flexible working arrangements - we’re happy to flex hours to accommodate other activities or academic obligations.
We practice what we preach, working out once a week together, taking turns making healthy treats and we also have a very relaxed work environment - with lunch, fruit, coffee and tea provided for all staff.
What would be your responsibilities? This is the full list of what we need, enough for several people! The exact job spec will depend on experience, time commitment and candidate preference.
Must be able to work at least 3 days a week
Minimum 3 month internship, ideally 6 months
To Apply: Email your CV and a cover letter outlining why you love Vie Active (email@example.com) and why you think you would be a great fit for our company with the internship you are applying for listed in the subject line. Please also include a headshot and photo of you being active!
- Researching appropriate publications and writers
- Support in designing successful PR approaches for targets
- Tracking effectiveness
Multimedia & Social Media associate
- Assisting our editor with social media content and publishing (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Create and distribute analytics report for internal stakeholders.
- Filming and editing videos (product and lifestyle content) to grow our YouTube and Vimeo audience Special projects as needed
Graphic Design Associate
- Assist the editor in translating creative concepts into effective marketing.
- Must have knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and ideally, HTML - formal design qualifications preferable.
- Execute creative briefs for digital projects - eDMs, banners, social media & competitions
- Adhere to and develop the Vie Active visual brand identity
- Manage the internal image library
- Retouch studio, street-style and product photography
Production Manager Assistant associate
- Assist the design & production manager with day to day tasks involving production and manufacturing
- Assist with design & concept development
- Assisting in sample specs
- Liaise with suppliers and manufacturers
- Intermediate to advanced use of illustrator, Photoshop essential (CAD preferred)
- Must have fashion design experience