The Gym Bag Edit - Decoding Your Gym Bag Essentials
Posted on 11 August 2014
We often are often told that you can tell a girl by her bag, and you can definitely tell a fit girl by her gym bag. From HIIT workouts to Pilates our workout styles are different and so are our workout essentials.
But, don't worry we have decoded all your beauty, workout and post workout essentials for hitting the gym, pavement or studio in style. So get your gym bag sorted so you are sweating in style.
The Beach Babe
Pop prints and colours add a splash of fun to your Beach babe look. Colours are a great way to emphasise a tan and give the appearance of bright, glowing skin.We love the combo of this bright Missoni sweat towel and our Lori Brazilian Butterfly, bringing print clash style from the runway to the sand.
Our Lori sports bra is perfect for you if you enjoy a post workout swim or a morning surf. The compression material is waterproof and quick drying, so it goes instantly from sports bra to swim top.
What to pack:
- Make up wipes - Freshen up and wipe the day away perfect for clearing the skin and avoiding Panda eyes
- Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray - Get a workout and beauty treatment in one. If you're heading into the water pop in some leave in conditioner to protect your colour from the salt water and leave with silky locks.
- Sunscreen- Never forget suncreen, we love the Daily Face Mattifying lotion from Model Co
- Paw Paw lip balm- Protect your lips from the sun with Paw Paw, it also acts as a million other beauty products in one, so should be an essential in every bag!
- Life Water Bottle - Being around the sun, surf and waves it's easy to forget to not only enjoy the water but drink it to. Tote our Life Waterbottle around and you'll remember to keep hydrated (Hydrated skin is beautiful skin)
The Style Savvy
Are you the kind of girl who always knows whats 'IT'? We have your stylish essentials sorted so your looking as on trend in the studio as you are on the street. The trick to mastering this style savvy look is pairing a fresh face with monochrome basics and a flash of metallic from trend setting style that will make you the envy of your fit friends.They key to this look is creating a dewy glowing finish that looks fresh, not sweaty and then off setting with classic pieces.
What to pack:
- Refreshing Facial Mist - freshen up and set your makeup
- Waterproof Mascara
- Shellac nails- no more chipped nails after a sweaty session
- White eyeliner
- Light Tinted Moisturizer
- Compression tights - We Love these paired with a black tank
- Heaphones- jewels and music all in one
A Beauty Plan...
Try a refreshing facial mist that will create that dewy finish and stop makeup running down your face and a waterproof mascara to ensure big eyes not panda eyes. If you work out early in the morning and want to look refreshed and awake grab a white eyeliner and dab some in the inner corner of your eyes. The perfect trick for bright eyes. Finish off with a light tinted moisturizer.Now that you've perfected fresh glowing finish, add compression tights to thin your legs and lift your butt and a pair of glam headphones, our favourites are the luxe pairs from Frends. Now you're ready to turn heads!
The Cool Clan
Fresh and Fast, pair black with on trend accessories for a racy look that bundles the fit chick and Model Off-Duty look all in one. A loose tee and funky tights paired with a high pony is a simple fashion forward look that every runner needs to master for effortless cool as you work up a sweat. Add sunnies and cap and you'll be channeling Gwen P's workout look in no time.
What to pack:
- Signature Black Trucker Cap
- Westward Leaning Sunnies (now available at our Bondi Beach store)
- Sunscreen- We Love the Daily Face Mattifying Sunscreen that corrects and evens from Model Co
- Nars Illuminator (add a touch of colour to your look, this beauty must have acts as a blusher, lip gloss or highlighter to add a bit of glow where you need it most)
- Frends Headphones (Leave the world behind and channel your inner warrior)
The Trend Setter
For a look that could be more fashion than fit. Sport Luxe is now a fashion category in it's one right. From Baseball tees to Hi Tops the key to wearing this look as a fit chick is choosing pieces that are both fashionable and functional so you can go straight from brunch to barre and fit in anything in between. The key is to be prepared for any situation! But in a savvy way, don't pack everything but the kitchen sink. Think beauty basics and trendy accessories to accent your look.
- HI Top Sneakers - Yoga, Pilates, Barre all these workout options allow you to workout sans sneakers. This means that you can go all out wearing their stylish alternative Hi Tops to and from the Studio
- Lip Gloss- From Power Yoga to Power Meetings nothing makes us feel more confident than big glossy lips. Try this 2 in 1 lip gloss for a sheer coverage in the gym and then a splash of colour once your done
- Deodorant- While this is a must have for most gym bags, if your powering through the day at lightning speed you want to make sure your feeling fresh
- Waterbottle- Hydration is key to staying at the top of your game on busy days, don't forget to drink up!
- Dry Shampoo - For a blow dry look in seconds make sure you always have Dry Shampoo handy
- Printed Tights- If your going to lead the trend, you'll need to stand out! Style your look around statement tights and you'll be leading the fashion pack.
Now you're ready to hit your workout in style!