5 Simple changes that will improve your health
Posted on 25 April 2014
Health blogger, nutritionist and wellness coach, Jessica Sepel, guides us through the easiest way to improve health – starting with what goes into our bodies.
HER TOP 5 TIPS...
1. Preparation is key. Set aside some time each day or at the beginning of the week to prepare healthy meals and snacks. That way, you’ll have plenty of great options available at all times – especially when you’re in a rush!
2. Healthy swaps go a long way. Try drinking sparkling water with lemon rather than soda, snacking on raw nuts instead of chips, filling up on gluten-free oats as opposed to cereal and using organic butter rather than margarine.
3. Take one step at a time. If you try to overhaul your entire diet at one time, you’ll get overwhelmed and frustrated. One of my favourite steps to start off with is reducing carbs at night or swapping them for great complex carbohydrates such as sweet potato.
4. My ultimate suggestion is to cut out processed sugar as much as possible.Start small with cutting out processed sugar and then work your way up to reducing natural sugars in fruit, dates etc.
5. Cut back on the caffeine too! Caffeine is a strong stimulant and it also dehydrates you, so for better sleep and glowing skin, cut back on caffeine. Cutting back on caffeine will bring more moisture to your skin and therefore also helps reduce the appearance of cellulite.
What are some of your top tips to improve our health?