One of our favourite things about fitness is the great variety, from Bootcamp to Zumba, Spin to Parkour. There is something for everyone. But not only that, everywhere around the world seems to celebrate fitness differently. This month we plan to check out the fittest cities around the world to inspire us to mix up our fitness routine and try something new.
First up...The City of Angels...and seriosuly fit bodies: Los Angeles.
Sunshine, palm trees, and green smoothies a plenty...LA is definitely a fit girls dream city. Whether you're an avid cyclist, dedicated yogi or love a great trail run LA can provide them all! We caught up with Joey Gonzalez from the famous Barry's Bootcamps to discover his 'top ten fit spots' in LA.
LOS ANGELES FIT 10
1. Best outdoor workout: Runyon Park with my dogs, a fantastic trail run in the sun.
2. Best healthy café:
GREENLEAF CHOP SHOP (Beverly Hills, Century City, Costa Mesa and throughout Equinox cafes) Make sure you try out the Pine-Kale-Ada Green Juice!
3. Best gym or studio for a workout: Barry's Bootcamp, of course
4. Best farmer’s market: Farmer's market at the Grove...one of our favourite stalls is Zia Valentina they make guilt free Granita's sweetened with stevia and delicious zucchini chocolate muffins!
5. Best place to shop for ‘non-workout’ clothes: Theory, Rag & Bone and John Varvatos.
6. Best place to chillout: SohoHouse West Hollywood
7. Best spa: Spa Montage. They grow all the the herbs to use in their treatments on site organically.
8. Favourite bar & favourite restaurant (we’re all about balance at Vie Active!): Son of a Gun...crazy amazing seafood!
9. My favourite thing about my city is: The weather (always perfect for working out), the style and the access to everything and anything fit and healthy.
10. Best fit activity to try: Hire a bike or rollerbaldes for the day and ride around Venice beach, you will get a unique slice of LA culture and can try out some cool eats like Poki bowls.
Have you been to LA? What are your favourite fit spots?
Vie Active X