Q and A with Shelley Barrett founder of ModelCo
Posted on 27 January 2014
I consider beauty to be a direct result of what you put into your body. In order to feel beautiful, you need to feel healthy. I often do the Bondi to Bronte walk, it gives me an instant energy boost and is a peaceful place to relax my mind and assess my goals for the day.
- A lot of women feel more confident when they are wearing makeup, but don’t want a ‘caked on’ effect. Opt a BB Plus Cream like ModelCo’s BB Plus cream. It contains soothing green tea extract, protects your skin from the harsh sun with it's SPF30+ and provides light, even coverage to make your skin glow.
- Hydration! Aim to drink up to 2 Litres of water a day, it really hydrates your skin from the inside out and leaves you feeling fabulous.
- Lip gloss is my staple beauty product as it adds instant glam to my look. Its quick and easy to apply and makes me feel feminine and beautiful.
- Take time out every few days to relax. Even if it is just for 30minutes, it is important to take time out for yourself to reinvigorate the mind and spirit.
- I always feel more confident with a tan, so I use ModelCo’s Tan Mousse applied with a Blend Buffing Mitt or Tan in a Can for a radiant sun-kissed glow.
Being beach ready firstly means being sun protected which is easy thanks to innovative products like ModelCo’s Body Bronze Dry Touch Sunscreen SPF50+. Safe, sunless tanning is so important and Body Bronze is a great choice. It protects against the sun but also leaves the skin with a subtle bronze sheen instead of chalkiness that other sunscreens are renowned for. ModelCo’s Daily Face Mattifying Sunscreen SPF50+ and Lip Balm is another sun safe product that provides lightweight coverage and maximum sun protection for your face and lips. I always carry a mascara and some lip gloss in my beach bag to take me from beach to bar. It's about being comfortable in your skin and making the low-fuss beach babe look work for you!