Beauty in Bondi with Gabrielle Kahn
Posted on 23 May 2013
Effervescent and exuding sass and sunshine in equal measures, Bondi based beautician Gabrielle Kahn has always had a love of health and fitness and a passion for fashion. Running her own successful beauty salon in Sydney’s coastal suburb of Dover Heights, Gabrielle’s loyal and devoted clientele keep her busy and even more keenly aware of the need to stay healthy and balanced. Here, she dishes on how she stays so perfectly preened and in shape and the top 10 items you’ll always find in her beauty bag.
How do you live an active life? I exercise in a way I can maintain long term, since I am on my feet all day long I like to not do anything too intense for exercise so I walk, walk, do yoga and walk ;)
What is your favourite thing to do on the weekend? Since my week is so heavily scheduled with back-to-back appointments, I love nothing more than having a massage, seeing a movie and practicing yoga on my days off… All with the added bliss of no time constraints!
What’s your workout style like? I love to wearmatching, clean bright fresh colors and tight fitting fitness fashion and always have a hot pair of shoes on.
Favourite healthy dish to cook? My never fail dish is roasted fresh vegetables with a perfectly grilled piece of Salmon
Owning and operating your own business, how do you manage to find balance? I always try to maintain whatever I am part of and remind myself this activity and lifestyle is a long-term process and part of an overall journey. Regular yoga sessions (I aim for twice weekly) help me to check-in with my body, mind and general spirit.
What does living an active life mean to you? Moving my body every day, conscious and clean eating and a bit of spontaneous fun!
- Dermalogica Anti-oxidant Hydra mist! I use this frequently throughout the day to replenish and rehydrate my skin.
- Mac face and body I love the overall glow this gives my face.
- Kheils lip gloss Not too sticky but still gives a nice shine!
- Mini hand and nail cream. I'm constantly doing other people's nails in my salon and don't my nails until the weekend comes but I am obessed with having groomed, soft hands.
- Nail file
- Mini perfume bottle
- A packet of mints and dental floss. As a beautician, its critically important to me to smell fresh (breath included).
- Charcoal eye liner I love Chanel
- Hair clip
- Perfect mascara by Shisedo