Power Protein Smoothie by Jess Sepel
Posted on 21 July 2015
THE JSHEALTH POWER PROTEIN SMOOTHIE
This makes a great breakfast or on-the-go snack option, particularly after a great session at the gym when you’re needing an extra bit of strength.
Blend the following:
- 1 serving of protein powder- either 100% natural whey protein/sprouted brown rice protein (must be totally natural-from a health store if possible, see links below) OR 2 tbsp LSA mix.
- 1-2 tsp stevia (natural, calorie free sugar alternative)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1 tsp vanilla extract/powder (if available)
- 1 tsp chia seeds (full of omega 3, protein and many vitamins and minerals.)
- 1/2 cup frozen berries
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves
- ½ cup of milk (good quality cows milk/ almond milk/rice milk)
- 1/2 cup ice blocks (the more ice, the creamier!)
- 1/2 cup Coconut water/Filtered water
- Feeling a bit hormonal, PMS? ADD 1 tbs Maca Powder.
Top with some desiccated coconut, cut up fruits/nuts/seeds to add a delicious, crunchy texture. You can easily make this into a beautiful smoothie bowl too!