A Breakfast Option You Can Tote To The Gym
Posted on 14 July 2015
BERRY AND VANILLA OVERNIGHT OATS by Jess Sepel
I adore this breakfast. It’s so time friendly and incredibly nutritious. Soaking your oats and seeds overnight allows for much better digestion and absorption of these foods. This is a great option for those who are time poor and leave the house early. You can prepare it the night before so it is ready for you in the morning
- 1/3 cup rolled oats (organic is best)
- 1-2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. psyllium husk (can omit)
- 3/4-cup milk (milk of choice)
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tsp stevia/stevia drops (for extra sweetness)
- Extras to add in the morning: You can add or leave any of the below options
- ½ cup mixed berries or ½ banana- sliced or mashed
- 1 tbsp. nut butter or 1 tbsp. natural Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp. raw nuts/seeds
- ½ tsp. vanilla powder
- Shake of cinnamon
(Optional to add 1 serving of vanilla protein powder for the extra protein boost)
- Mix oats, chia seeds, lemon juice, stevia and milk until well combined. Place in a sealed or covered container (Mason jars are the best found on ozfarmer.com) overnight in the refrigerator.
- In the morning, stir in the mashed banana/berries, nut butter, yoghurt vanilla, cinnamon. Top with nuts/seed or other fruit of choice.
- Serve cold.