QnA with the founder of Body By Simone, Simone De La Rue
Posted on 02 June 2015
Strong women come in many forms and we think they're all inspiring. This month we are featuring some of the strong women inspirations we love such as the amazing Simone De La Rue, founder of Body By Simone.
She has shown that guts and passion is all you need to lead you to success (and get a kickass body along the way). at our recent shoot we got the chance to sit down and chat about her life and the importance of strength...
1. Tell us a bit about yourself and how you got to where you are?
Born in England, grew up in Australia now living in the USA. I was a professional dancer for 18 years in Australia, London's West End and Broadway. I fell into fitness by accident but absolutely loved working with women to help transform their bodies. I then began my company Body By Simone and opened a studio in NYC and then in LA.
- 2. What do you think makes you strong (mentally, physically etc.)?
- I believe all the classical ballet training I had from a young age has made me stronger. The discipline and drive that you must posses to practice this art form is very intense. It teaches you mental and physical strength.
- 3. What makes you FLAWSOME?
- Hmmm not sure what this means exactly but I guess my ability to help others become the best versions of themselves through health and fitness
- 4. Who inspires you to be strong?
- My mum, the light of my life and my best friend. Also my clients, I want to be the best guide and teacher for them.
- 5. How do you think living an active life makes you stronger?
- Being active is so important for our heart health, not to mention our muscular strength. Doing regular activity clears the mind and pumps through good endorphins that make you feel happy and strong.
6. How do you share your strength with others?
Strength comes in many forms. I try to share with women my belief that there is nothing more empowering than to feel strong inside and out.
- 7. What has been your biggest obstacle that you’ve had to overcome?
- Every single day I learn something new about owning your own business and managing staff. There are good days and bad days. But if it were easy everyone would be doing it right! :)
- 8. When you’re not feeling strong and confident, what do you do to get back on track? I like to meditate to reset my mind, if my mind is strong and I get lots of sleep my body follows.
9. What has been your greatest accomplishment?
I guess writing my own book and opening 2 studio's on the East and West Coast of America. Some days I pinch myself. I am just a girl from a small town in Melbourne Australia with no business degree, but loads of drive and passion.
10. What would your message be to women who are struggling to feel strong, confident and happy?
Look in the mirror and really connect with yourself and love what you see. My favourite mantra "I am a vision of health and beauty!" You must love yourself, in this will come strength, confidence and happiness!