Cleansing Bircher Mix by My Wholesome Kitchen
Posted on 01 October 2014
What you need:
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp. chia seeds
- 3 tbsp. flaxseeds
- 3 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp. goji berries
- 2 cups of milk of your choice - almond milk or coconut milk is our milk preference
- 3 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. cacao nibs (optional)
- To Garnish
- 120ml of coconut milk
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 2 green apples, grated
- 3 tbsp. toasted almond slivers or flakes
- Sliced fruit of your choice, I like to use berries that are in season
What to do:
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients - almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the remainder dry ingredients.
- Now pour in the almond milk & maple syrup mix to the dry ingredients, stir well and make sure everything is combined and coated.
- Cover tightly with a lid or glad wrap and place in the fridge overnight to set.
- When ready to serve, fold through the grated apples, coconut milk and lime juice and zest to the muesli.
- This bircher muesli is such a great dish to put in the middle of your breakfast table in a beautiful large bowl and topped with fresh cut strawberries, berries and toasted almonds.
Recipe by My Wholesome Kitchen