KALE AND FETTA BREAD
Posted on 07 March 2014
KALE AND FETTA BREAD RECIPE
This Kale and Fetta bread recipe by Souvlaki for the Soul is just divine. Savoury breads are a fantastic way to supercharge your day with vegetables without even noticing. Plus you get a fantastic mix of good carbs and essential nutrients to give you energy throughout the day.
Another reason we love savoury breads is that they are perfect for just about any occasion! Have a slice with scrambled eggs for breakfast, add some salmon and spinach and make a sandwich for lunch, even bake into muffins and eat as snacks throughout the day. But our favourite option has to be to take it to a dinner party as an alternative to crackers and cheese.
Try this guilt free, superfood packed recipe today!
- 2.5 cups white spelt four
- 2 tsps baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- pinch pepper
- approx. 2 cups shredded kale
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped mint
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped dill
- 150 grams fetta cheese crumbled
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- grated Pecorino cheese
- Preheat your oven to 180 deg C and grease or line with baking paper a cake tin measuring 8.5" x 5".
- In a large bowl combine the spelt flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, kale, herbs and fetta cheese. Set aside.
- In a large jug whisk the yoghurt, olive and eggs and add to the flour mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter in your baking tin, top with some grated Pecorino cheese and bake for approx 45 mins or until the top has browned and the insides are cooked. Insert a skewer to check whether the bread has cooked.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 mins before inverting onto a cake rack. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
You can add as little or as much of the herbs as you like. There are no set rules. You can aslo add 1/2 cup of grated Pecorino cheese into the batter too.
Let us know what you think